(1) Subscribe to a Kannetic Solution.
(2) Add participants to your subscription. Decide who from your team you want to participate in the performance improvement discussion and process. Let them know you will be using Kannetic and set up a time for your initial team discussion.
Either a few days prior to your initial team discussion or just before it starts, you as the administrator can add these participants to your subscription by clicking "Manage Participants" and then "Add New User." Participants will receive a registration email and a welcome email inviting them to take the subscription Opportunity Poll.
Opportunity Poll results are tabulated real-time - so if participants do not take the poll prior to your initial team discussion, they can do so at the start of the discussion.
If participants miss their initial registration email or forget their password at any time, it is simple to reset their login. They can go to: https://app.kannetic.com
Then they can click “Forgot Password?” and follow the instructions to reset their password and login.
(3) Take Opportunity Poll. Participants login to Kannetic and take your subscription's Opportunity Poll. They can do this prior to your discussion or live at the start of the discussion. If you are taking the Opportunity Poll live, when everyone is done, refresh your browser to view real-time results. Note that all participants will be able to see the latest Opportunity Poll results real-time as soon as they have completed their Opportunity Poll themselves.
(4) Review results together and select priority improvement opportunities. Review results together as a team. You as the administrator can then select and submit a few areas as improvement priorities by selecting the boxes next to each and clicking "Submit improvement opportunities" at the bottom of the screen. We recommend selecting no more than 1-3 improvement priorities.
(5) Review potential improvement actions for each prioritized improvement opportunity. Participants can now click on the Plan arrow at the top of their screen. For some solutions, they will now see a starting list of potential improvement actions for each performance area you selected. Participants can quickly read through the list - liking & disliking potential actions as they read using the thumbs-up and thumbs-down icons. Refresh your browser to see participant perspectives real-time. You will see the aggregate thumbs-up and thumbs-down scores across participants in paranthesis.
(6) Add your own potential improvement actions for your team. Discuss additional specific actions you can take as a team to drive performance improvements. You as the administrator can add for the team additional actions onto your potential improvement action lists by clicking "Add an action."
(7) Collectively rate potential improvement actions. Participants can now revise their action likes & dislikes in light of your discussion and the new actions you added to the lists.
(8) Select an improvement action plan. Continue to discuss improvement actions with the team until you have identified one or two actions you will take for each improvement opportunity. Once you are ready to select actions to take, select the boxes next to each of these actions and then click "Submit selected action plan" at the bottom of your screen.
You must select at least one action for each improvement opportunity area. If you do not want to select an action for a prioritized improvement opportunity area, you can click on the Prioritize arrow in the upper ribbon to return to the Prioritize screen. Unselect the box for that improvement opportunity area, and then click "Submit improvement opportunities" again. This will remove that opportunity area from your Plan screen and allow you to proceed.
When you submit improvement actions, all participants except the administrator will now see in their Plan screen only the actions you plan to take.
(9) Take Progress Tracker Poll. Every three months after you submit an action plan, participants will automatically receive an email inviting them to take a Progress Tracker Poll. The Progress Tracker Poll will ask all participants how your team or organization is doing against prioritized improvement opportunities, whether they have seen planned improvement actions being applied, and how effective those actions have been.
If you do not want to wait three months to track progress, you as the subscription administrator, can initiate a Tracker Poll at any time. If you would like to initiate a new Tracker Poll at an earlier date, just click "Send Tracker Now" from your administrator controls and then confirm that you want to send the tracker now.
(10) Review Progress Tracker results together and adjust action plan as needed. After participants have taken the Progress Tracker Poll, they will automatically see latest aggregated results across all subscription participants. The Progress Tracker Poll allows you to rapidly and efficiently check-in on whether you are making progress towards your prioritized improvement opportunities, executing improvement actions effectively, and whether you may need to adjust your action plan to achieve your desired performance improvements.
The Progress Tracker Poll results provide you with rapid feedback on whether participants believe you are making progress and if all the items in your action plan are working. If you find that participants do not see some actions being implemented or that participants think your actions are not effective, you can then discuss these actions to determine whether this indicates you need to execute your plan more effectively, better communicate on the actions you are taking, or change the actions in your plan.
If you decide to change your action plan, return to the Plan screen of your subscription. You will be able to add new custom actions if there is an alternative action you want to take which is currently not on your action list. After you have finished adding any new actions, to modify your action plan, uncheck the boxes of actions you will no longer take & select the boxes of the new actions you plan on taking. Then click "Submit selected action plan" at the bottom of your screen. Again, you must select at least one action for each improvement opportunity area.
After you have resubmitted the actions, participants will see the new action plan when they view their Plan screen and these actions will be included in the next Progress Tracker Poll.
(11) Restart the process to select a new set of improvement opportunities. Over time, the goal of the Kannetic process is to see a steady increase in participants agreeing that you are performing well in the performance areas you selected during the Prioritize stage. When you feel you have achieved the desired performance improvements in these areas, you are ready to re-start the process. To do this, click "Start a New Iteration" on your administrator sidebar.
Confirm that you are ready to start again – and your subscription will launch a new Opportunity Poll. All participants will automatically be invited to login to the subscription and take the Opportunity Poll again.
Participants will now see in the “My Subscriptions screen” of their Kannetic portal two tiles for this subscription. The first tile will be for your old iteration, and the second for the new iteration. Each of these tiles will be labeled with an iteration number and the date the iteration was first created.
If you would like to refresh your subscription entirely, so that old iterations are not visible to participants, we can refresh your subscription entirely. If you would like us to do this, please contact Kannetic support and let us know that you would like your subscription refreshed. When we do this, all participants except the administrator will also be removed from your subscription - so you will need to re-add any participants.
At this time, you will be able to hide or unhide performance areas for the new iteration. You may decide to unhide any performance areas you previously omitted from your subscription, or to hide any performance areas you do not wish to address in this iteration.
To do this, you can select the areas you wish to hide in the "Hide Performance Areas" box or unselect areas which you previously omitted. Then select "Submit Areas to Hide."
Once participants have taken the new Opportunity Poll for this iteration, you can return to “Step 4: Review Opportunity Poll results together and select priority improvement opportunities” above. You can now repeat the Kannetic process, until you have successfully captured your next set of prioritized improvement opportunities. This brings you back to Step 11 - where you can once again restart the process now with a new iteration. In this way, Kannetic allows you to undertake an agile, ongoing cycle of performance improvement.